Wednesday, January 6, 2010

CHRISTMAS

The week of Christmas was my good week. I drove to Charlotte on Wednesday, followed by Richard. He always spends the 23rd with the family. We had such a wonderful time. Richard and Darya made this incredible shrimp casserole and we played games with the girls and enjoyed watching little Salym taking steps. Richard had to leave the next day to spend time with his family. Darya was hosting the DelCorro clan for Christmas this year so they started arriving on Christmas eve. Kelly, Junior and his friend Mary came. We made chicken marsala and had another great evening playing games, etc. Christmas day was wonderful. Sydney and Savannah were so excited by their gifts. Even Salym knew which ones were for her from Santa. She went right to them. Darry and Chris arrived that afternoon. They all stayed at Darya's while we went to John's mom's for Christmas with his family. It was great. By this time I was really tired. Darya drove me home and I took a nap. I know this family and I was not going to miss out on all the fun by having to go to bed. So I got up around 9 and we laughed, ate, played games and had a large time.
I had to leave on Saturday. I did get to see Susie and Ken and Christin and Michael before I left. I was so tired driving home I just wanted to get to Garden City. By the time I unpacked the car, unpacked all my stuff, it was 6:30. I decided to lay down for a little while. I woke up at 9 the next morning.
Chemo robs all your energy - it takes so long to do the simplest things. I don't think I will ever take for granted doing things like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment