Monday, March 1, 2010

ROUND 6 OF PLAN NINE FROM MURRELLS INLET

Okay, I know I have been slack on keeping ya'll up to date. The truth is, I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!
I had to have another MUGA scan (say muga 3 times really fast). This time, it turned out great. I did not have chemo for about 6 weeks due to the burns on my hands and feet. So, my heart is back to normal. AND, another plus to the burns, I am now on a new chemo - one that is not as strong. Okay, I will admit everything. My doctor said my body could not stand the really strong (we are going to try and kill you with this) chemo. So, she put me on this chemo that she usually uses for her elderly patients. I know what you are thinking so stop it. I am not elderly - she meant 80-90 year olds - so there!!
Today I have my second round of this new chemo. I felt so good the last time that I tried to do everything I could not do - clean house, put up new blinds, etc. Boy was I in for a surprise. I might feel great, but my body is still being assaulted by the poison and it let me know. I have to lay down a lot. I mean, a lot. I am still not used to not being able to do all the things I used to do. I feel so good that I forget that I don't have the energy or stamina I had before.
I went to work tonight and had to leave early. The chemo brain set in and so did the tiredness. I am truly blessed to be working for one of my best friends, Trina. She has been so great to me through all this. And everyone at the Chive Blossom has been so understanding and helpful. They even let me play the cancer card. Of course, they call me on it everytime.
Oh - I almost forgot. My hair is coming back. It is the brillo pad chemo hair, but it is hair. Unfortunately, the chin hairs are coming back too. That is just not fair. And thanks to my cancer killer for recommending tea tree oil, my nails are growing and not coming off.
So, it you find yourself with cancer, use that on your nails day and night. You can get it at Sallys. Also, before you start your chemo treatments, go to the store and buy protein powder, fruits and veggies. That way you can make protein shakes with the fruit and veggies for when you don't feel like cooking (which was most of the time when they were trying to kill me). I bought some great frozen fruit (without syrup, etc) at Sam's. I tell you this because I did not do that then. Most days when I felt bad I just had ramen noodles with an egg because I really did not care to cook and really didn't want to eat. And a lot of bad bad drive in food. So, don't do that.
I have to share this with you - my friend, Cindy Sellers Jenerette, donated one of her kidneys to her ex-husband. Both are doing great. Jerry is doing better than Cindy and the Docs at MUSC are elated because the kidney is working great. They are following their progress on the MUSC web site. She is on Utube. I told her when Oprah calls I am going too!!!!! She is an angel and has been there for me through all this. So, keep them in your prayers.
I love you all. God has been so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment